March 15, 2016

Nicholas Sparks meets Bridget Jones meets Love Actually

There are some books that actually make you angry while reading them. This might happen for a variety of reasons. Perhaps you disagree with the choices that the characters are making. Maybe there are a ton of grammatical errors and it makes you want to punch the author in the face. For me, this book made me angry because it was so, so good and it ended way before I was ready. The book I'm talking about is Me Before You by Jojo Moyes and it emotionally wrecked me in the best way possible. I saw the trailer for the upcoming film (June!!) and felt intrigued enough to check it out from the library...and the rest is history. The book is primarily told from the perspective of Louisa Clark who is a twentysomething living in a small English town who has found herself looking for a job in an area where jobs are few and far between. That's when she meets Will, a quadriplegic, who needs a caregiver. (I've just realized that I have no idea how to continue this synopsis without giving any spoilers...) The point of view flips a few times between a few other characters but the focus is mostly on Louisa and I liked that just fine. This is a story about hopelessness, love, determination, and questionable fashion sense. Simply put, Me Before You is a love story about two vastly different people who are thrust together in circumstances neither one could have predicted. IT IS BRILLIANT AND YOU SHOULD READ IT.


**If you're interested in buying this book or any books really, you can click here or here. The first will re-direct you to AbeBooks and the second will re-direct you to The Book Depository. These are great websites for purchasing books (AbeBooks carries inexpensive used and out-of-print books and The Book Depository ships free everywhere in the world). Full disclosure: I will receive a commission on all sales made by following either of these links. I wouldn't recommend a site that I didn't use and you are under no obligation to purchase anything. :-) **

No comments:

Post a Comment